How do you get your Business on Google Search (For FREE)
The Yellow Pages are dead and so are the classified advertisements. So, if you are thinking about starting your new business venture and need some support for marketing, there is one platform that you can’t simply ignore – Google. It has the power to reach millions of customers and promote your business. Let us have an idea of how you can promote your business on Google.
There is a paid marketing solution that is available with Google to promote your business on the world’s most used search engine, known as Adwords. Google Adwords helps a business to reach out the global audience through their search and display network. But, if you are not looking to invest in paid marketing as of now, there is an organic way as well to market your services on the search giant, known as Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
For SEO to be in the right place, you need to optimize your website as per the Google search engine optimization guidelines. This will help your business improve its rankings on the queries used by the users to search for your industry services.
The following are the basic yet effective techniques that you can apply to increase the Google rankings of your business.
1. Choosing the most appropriate keywords: One of the basic aspects while ranking your site is to use the right keywords. This needs to be done according to your needs and preferences. For example, if your business is brick and mortar, you need to out stress on keywords that put stress on geographical components. For an online business, it may need some more strategies.
Try to find and use the keywords that fit your business and are not so competitive. This way they will easily make your search rankings better. Do a proper research to achieve it.
2. Have a local search strategy in place: If you are a local business, here are some tactics that you can use to increase your local search results.
- Use geographic keywords on your page titles, web content, and tags.
- Have the Google Places business page for your business that will list your business whenever the name of your business or business type is being searched.
- Enroll your business in local online directories as this will help in the reach and reception of your business.
3. Put stress on quality content: Having the right content for your site can reap benefits and increase your Google rankings. The more relevant your information, the more will be chances of being ranked higher. Typically your content should have the following characteristics:
- It should add value to the visitors of your site. This will help to generate inbound links and boost your Google rankings.
- It should increase readability by providing linguistic finesse and relevant information. Typically, a good web content should be precise and without any grammatical errors.
4. Try to generate backlinks as this helps to increase organic traffic and enhances Google rankings. The main objective of backlinks is to generate proper networking. However, avoid paid backlinks or do not fall victim to backlink scams.
5. Utilize the power of social media platforms as they do a great deal in indirectly boosting your website rankings. You can utilize social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+ to promote your business.
6. Your website should be device friendly, that means, it should be able to load on every device be it desktop, mobile, or tablet.
7. Improve your website’s loading speed, users don’t like slow loading web pages.
8. Make use of https protocol to keep your website secure from online transaction frauds, this is also a ranking factor in Google.