How Mobile Friendly Website Improves SEO and Rankings
The process of online purchase is gradually changing. Now, customers can even review the sites from where they are buying. Price comparisons and vendor comparisons have also become the order of the day. And with advanced Search Engine Optimization, the locality and local settings have also gained great prominence.
As per few research reports, the online purchasing process is experiencing myriad changes in the form of mobile search. Here are some significant statistics on the same:
- 66% of smartphone owners use the internet daily and most of them take them along.
- 89% of users use the local search engine info from their phone and perform a resultant action, such as making a purchase, contacting someone, etc.
- 77% of mobile users research for a product or service through their phone.
- 27% of mobile users make online purchases through their phone.
Now, the changing concept of online purchases affects eCommerce to a great extent. With mobile searches become more goal oriented, the reach and reception have increased to a great extent. Nowadays, your site should not only be adaptable to the desktops but should also be adaptive to mobile devices like smartphones and laptops.
Let us have an idea of how you can optimize your website for the purpose of mobile search and online purchase.
To be frank, customers hate bad websites. A site that is cluttered and badly designed is an absolute no for your online business. Almost all the shoppers in the online platform tend to buy from sites that are mobile friendly. So, the first aspect that you need to keep in mind is the user experience on the mobile platform. The basic aspects that you need to take care are the graphical interface, the user adoption and navigation features and the ease at which a transaction can be performed.
The following are the ways on how to convert your desktop website to mobile-friendly website:
1. Responsive Design: Your site needs to be compatible and responsive to the latest mobile platforms. In this process, your website automatically adapts itself as per the screen size of the device. It is of no use creating a site that cannot be opened on your mobile phone. Some of the responsive features include the screen width and dimensions, the navigational elements like buttons, links etc. and troubleshooting options.
2. Dynamic Platform: This can be done through dynamic serving where different sets of HTML and CSS codes are built under the same URL, based on the type of device one is using. You can use different tools like the Vary HTTP header that helps the server to display the right interface based on the user agent
3. Mobile Sub-domains: Last but not the least; you can also opt for a mobile subdomain in case you feel responsive design creation is too expensive. It helps you to create a mobile-friendly site with features that are compatible with mobile usage. However, considering the SEO aspect, there is a chance to create duplicate content that may hinder your search rankings if this is not implemented carefully.
Whether you are an established eCommerce seller or new to this platform, staying competitive is need of the hour. Make use of the changing mobile shopping concepts to promote your site or the products or services. It will really give your marketing a big boost and you will enjoy extra bucks with a little effort.