You Need To Know
(Return to Origin) Shipping Charges:
is one of the biggest concerns for eCommerce businesses.
RTO (Return to Origin)
Let’s learn more about RTO
and shipped to
its origin, i.e., the seller
When a package is not
to the seller
it is marked
RTO is an extra expenditure as the seller bears the shipping charges.
the lower the RTO rate, the better it is for
Why is a package marked
– Customer unavailability
– Customer denies taking delivery
– Address or other information is incorrect
– Failure in delivery re-attempt
What happens when a package is marked RTO?
· Courier attempts delivery again,
usually a maximum
of 3 times
· Courier arranges IVR call/text
message to ask the customer for
favorable delivery time
· Order is sent back to the seller
when the customer is
– Provide clear/correct information
– Check with the customer before shipping the package
– Process shipments on time
– Provide the customer with an expected delivery date
– Validate address, pin code, and phone number
RTO can be avoided by tying up with logistics partners like Shiprocket that update the seller and customers throughout the shipment journey.