Know about the Documents You Need for IEC
What is IEC?
IEC stands for Import Export Code. It is a ten-digit licence code required by companies or individuals to begin an import-export
in India. It is also necessary for availing benefits under MEIS and SEIS.
Who provides the IEC?
The DGFT (
Director General of Foreign Trade
), Department of Commerce, Government of India provides applicants with this code after a thorough analysis of their application.
When is an Import Export Code required?
● When importers have to clear the shipments from the
● When importers send money abroad via banks.
● When exporters have to send the shipments.
● When exporters receive money in foreign currency directly in their bank.
Documents needed to apply for IEC
● Form ANF 2A
● Current Account details
● PAN card
● Banker’s Certificate
● Passport size photograph
●Covering letter requesting new IEC certification
● The application fee for IEC is ₹500.
●It has lifetime validity and thus does not have any renewal fee.
Compare prices and choose among 17+ courier services with Shiprocket and deliver your products to more than 29000 pin codes and 220 countries.
To Know More, Visit Us