LinkedIn Marketing: Tips To Grow Followers
LinkedIn is one of the most common social media platforms among online business owners to grow their business. You can use the platform for brand awareness and build relationships with your customers. By posting content that appeals to your audience, you can also encourage them to participate in discussions. It is an excellent platform for networking and growing business.
Here are some LinkedIn facts for you:
- LinkedIn has over 740 million active users in 200+ countries.
- 57% and 43% of LinkedIn users are male and female, respectively.
- 25% of LinkedIn users are at senior-level.
- More than 55 million companies are listed on LinkedIn.
- Over 57% of traffic on LinkedIn is from mobile.
Many online business owners use LinkedIn to reach out to their potential customers. In this blog, we shall discuss how your too can boost your connections and increase your followers on LinkedIn.
What is LinkedIn Marketing?
Traditionally, LinkedIn was used to build connections in the professional world. But these days, it has become one of the most popular platforms for business marketing. LinkedIn marketing uses the power of social media to make connections, improve brand awareness, generate leads, and foster relationships with partners and customers. You can also use the platform to drive website traffic.
You can implement many marketing strategies on LinkedIn, primarily because of its effectiveness. When you employ marketing strategies on the platform, you get access to data, analytics, connections, and brand building.
Importance of LinkedIn Marketing
LinkedIn marketing helps online business widen their spectrum and reach out to potential customers. Let’s take a look at why LinkedIn marketing can be beneficial for your business:
- Popular Social Platform: LinkedIn is one of the topmost used social platforms among business owners. As per a report by Hootsuite, LinkedIn’s reach grew by 25 million people in the last quarter of 2020. There are 61 million senior-level influencers on the platform and 55 million companies on LinkedIn. Hence, you can say that LinkedIn has only grown in popularity among businesses and marketers.
- Beneficial For B2B Companies: LinkedIn is one of the best platforms to connect with your B2B clients and marketers. Many businesses prefer to communicate with other businesses over LinkedIn to procure products and services differently. Hence, it is good to maintain good visibility on the platform to reach out to new B2B customers.
- Lead Generation: The incoming leads from LinkedIn have a good visitor-to-lead conversion rate amongst other social platforms.
- Thought Leadership: LinkedIn is the best social channel to distribute your professional content and make professional announcements. It is the best platform to establish your industry leader and veteran brand. You can join groups and grow your network of industry veterans and influencers. This helps in cementing your image as a renowned industry personality.
- Brand Visibility: A well-optimized company page or LinkedIn profile has higher chances of ranking on Google, increasing brand visibility.
How to Increase Followers on LinkedIn?
Getting followers on LinkedIn is one of the most challenging tasks. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to increase followers on LinkedIn:
Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. It only makes sense to stick to your strengths and talk about what you are an expert at. Enlighten your followers with your thoughts through regular posts. Make this a routine – post regularly so your followers wait to see your posts and gain knowledge from them. Besides, posting regularly is also one of the best ways to gain followers if you use trending tags.
Comments on Posts
When you come across a post on LinkedIn that inspires you and belongs to your niche, it is a great idea to share your thoughts and views on it through comments. This is not just about your point of view but about others finding a different perspective on a topic. This is how you can connect with like-minded people and grow your followers.
Posting an Article
Writing an article on LinkedIn to gain traction on your account is necessary. However, it is essential to post a well-written article that will help your followers gain knowledge. The size or word count of the article doesn’t matter, but your primary aim must be to write read-worthy content. Gradually, you will see your readers turning into your followers.
Though it might be difficult to find genuine followers on the platform, if you find them, it only makes more sense to follow them. Check their recent posts and articles – gain knowledge about recent happenings in the industry. You can also tag them on different posts where you think their view will benefit you. Their followers will also see the post and will be motivated to check your profile/posts – they might end up following you. This will help you turn their followers into yours!
The primary aim of being on social media platforms is to get social with others. The best place to get social is through the LinkedIn community. Help your fellow followers who are searching for jobs. You can help them increase their post reach by commenting or liking the post.
To use LinkedIn for business marketing, just put your brand out there and build connections. Fill in your business details so your profile visitors or followers can understand your brand well. Besides this, be active on the platform, join groups, follow influencers, and engage with your connections.