Tips & Tricks of Selling On Marketplaces: Amazon
Amazon, the retail giant, forayed in the Indian eCommerce space in 2013, with just two product categories – books and movies. Later, they added other selections like gadgets, music CDs, consumer products, baby products, beauty products, bed & bath, kitchen accessories and more. Today it sells over 3 Billion products, with sales revenue of US$ 88.988 BB, and has its presence in India, U.S., U.K., Ireland, France, Germany, Canada, Spain, Australia, China, Brazil, The Netherlands, Mexico, and Italy.
Amazon colossal success is attributed to the ease of conducting business on its portal. It’s one click ordering service empowers the sellers and buyers to conduct a hassle-free transaction. No wonder, entrepreneurs, regardless of their business size, are eager to sell their merchandise via this unique shopping portal.
Merchants can enhance their income by linking the Amazon Web Store facility to their existing website. The benefits:
• You can attach hundreds of products to your website from the store in just a few minutes.
• You can integrate it with your current website to make it appear as a part of your business store.
Do’s & Don’ts On Selling On Amazon
• Give the merchandise a catchy Title, a clear product description, and multiple clear product images to engage potential buyers.
• Create your items under the correct category of products for smooth sales. Optimizing product descriptions will help to draw more potential customers to your product listing, eventually leading to sales.
• Amazon offers merchants the flexibility to store their valuable merchandise in the Amazon’s fulfillment centers or warehouses, from where the purchased item will be directly packed and shipped to the buyer’s address. This reduces the hassle of shipping and delivering the purchase order. Alternatively, you may hire your own drop shippers.
• Do not give vague information on your products, as it would spoil your credibility in the market.
Pros and Cons of Selling on Amazon
Amazon, the largest online marketplace, offers ease of shopping with its 3+ BB products display. For consumers, it is easy to order products from a single store and save on time and money. However, every good thing has a negative side too.
Items found on Amazon can be purchased in either new or used condition. It is important to note that many merchants on Amazon sell similar products and this enables you to compare prices and offer the best deals. Due to this, you might not get a good profit margin.
Another flaw of selling on Amazon is that there are tiniest chances that your brand will get recognition. When customers are shopping on Amazon, they are just shopping on Amazon and not on any XYZ brand. Therefore, customer retention is almost zero.
Here’s How you can Integrate Amazon with ShipRocket
Part I – Settings on Amazon Account
1. Login to Amazon Seller panel.
2. Enter your Amazon email ID and password to sign in.
3. Select : “I want to give developer access to my Amazon Seller Account with MWS.”
4. Make sure that you enter the credentials as following:
- Developer’s Name: KartRocket
- Developer Account Number: 1469-7463-9584
6. Accept the Amazon MWS License Agreement and Click “Next”
7. Copy the credentials (Merchant ID and Marketplace ID) on the page safely somewhere. You will need these when you configure your Amazon.
Step II – Configuring on ShipRocket Panel
1. Login to ShipRocket panel.
2. Goto Settings – Channels.
3. Click on “Add New Channel” Button.
4. Click on Amazon -> Integrate.
5. Enter the Channel Name.
6. Switch “On” the Order and Inventory Sync.
7. Fill in the Parameters as saved from the Amazon Panel.
For your reference, the following are the 4 pieces of information needed:
Merchant ID – This is your ID that you need to fill into your ShipRocket account.
Marketplace ID – This is country specific and will always be A21TJRUUN4KGV
AWS Access Key ID – This will always be the same as AKIAJMPGMFCKCWJEDUHA
Secret Key – This will always be the same as jiNRgWlHuT9QWdiCy/gGOKxgBLZTty2pDKmSD9q1
Note: you don’t need to use your own AWS Access Key and Secret Key because you have already authorized KartRocket as a developer and their keys can be used.
8. Click “Save Channel & Test Connection”.
9. Green icon indicates that the channel have been successfully configured.
ShipRocket is India’s best logistics software, which offers you automated shipping solution. Using this, you can ship anywhere in India and abroad using the best courier company and at discounted rates.