All You Need To Know About Speed Post Courier By India Post
India, a country of 1.4 billion people, has an extensive postal service network. With such a large population, a robust courier network is required to cater to all sections of society. Whether it is sending a letter to your loved ones or shipping a parcel, India Post’s services have you covered. Almost everything from personal belongings to industrial equipment can be sent across the country via post. While there are different types of services, Speed Post courier is the preferred choice for almost every other person because of its ease of use and affordability.
What Is Speed Post?
Speed Post is a high-speed postal service provided by India Post. Started in 1986, it offers fast delivery of parcels, letters, cards, documents, and other important stuff. The Indian Postal Department started this service by the name of “EMS Speed Post.”
Speed Post is the fastest form of delivery known to people in tier-2 and tier-3 cities in India. Even today, many rely on Speed Post for successfully delivering their packages. Along with time-bound delivery and excellent coverage, Speed Post offers a Status Tracking Service that helps people track the status of their parcels.
In ancient times, people just had one way to connect with others, i.e., through letters, which took many days to reach the destination. Eventually, the postal service was introduced. It aided the fast delivery of letters. However, with the emergence of the internet and telecommunication, sending letters through posts has decreased manifold. People can now connect in seconds.
But, even with the emergence of technology, people still use postal services to send and receive essential documents such as commercial papers, official documents, and more. However, with the introduction of courier aggregators such as Shiprocket, the entire scenario of Speed Post and couriers has changed. The goods and documents are delivered faster and with higher accuracy.
Features Of Speed Post Courier
Let us have a look at some of its features:
- Provides express and time-bound deliveries up to 35 kgs all over India.
- More comprehensive network coverage across the country @ INR 15.00 for consignments up to 50 grams.
- Insurance of consignments up to INR 1 lakh.
- Provides up-to-date delivery information on SMS.
- Free pick-up service for corporate or bulk customers.
- No upfront payment required
- Volume-based discounts for corporates and bulk orders
- Cash on delivery service for eCommerce and online sellers.
- Provides compensation in cases of delay, loss of article, pilferage, or damage – Double the Speed Post charges or INR 1000 whichever is less.
How Does Speed Post Work?
Follow the steps given below to send a speed post courier:
- Buy an envelope from the post office. Insert the letter/courier into it, seal the envelope, and write ‘Speed Post’ on the top of the envelope.
- Write the receiver’s name, address, and contact details on the left side of the envelope.
- Next, mention your details like name and address on the right side.
- Hand over the courier to the Speed Post staff.
- The staff will calculate the shipping rate as per the courier’s weight and destination.
- The next step includes the speed post staff printing and attaching the shipping label, and forwarding the courier for further processing.
The Bottom Line
Speed Post courier service is undeniably persistent with its market share. But, in today’s competitive times, when an eCommerce website or online store comes up every other day, it isn’t easy to deliver CX consistently. As an eCommerce seller, you must be prepared for unforeseen circumstances. To keep delivery mishaps at bay, it is recommended that you use a courier aggregator.
The courier aggregators help you deliver seamlessly on time and reduce your shipping costs by providing multiple courier options at your convenience.
Want to know more about courier aggregators or Shiprocket? Let us know in the comments section, and we’ll be there to help you happily!
Yes, you can book the delivery of eCommerce packages through their eCommerce portal, ecom.indiapost.gov.in.
You can track your Speed Post orders with their consignment tracking number.
Only on special occasions like Raksha Bandhan or New Year do they provide delivery on Sundays.
Can we use india post service in shiprocket ?
Currently, we don’t allow IndiaPost integration with Shiprocket.
Can you post international courier
Yes, we provide international shipping services via our various courier partners. Kindly email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org to take it further.
Why you are not providing Proof of Delivery of each consignment.
India Post is one of the chepast and best courier service in India, But their main problem is exctraction/replacement of content from the parcel.